Sunday, October 31, 2010

pumpkin and pomegranates

Well yesterday I went to the market. It has the most delicious fruit and veg. I got my weekly shop for 20TL (under £10). The best buy was this huge slice of pumpkin for 50p. I put the phone there so you could get an idea of just how big the slice is.

 The pomegranates are huge as well. I like the really sour ones, DH likes the sweet ones - just as well i cant work out which are which before I buy, lol.




I'm going to make pumpkin soup this week. It's my favourite winter soup. Let me know if you want the recipie and I can post that in a later post.

I love how fresh the veg is. It tastes wonderful.

Also a big HELLLOOOOO to Shaz and Cath, my new followers. More crafty posts to come...promise

1 comment:

Pam said...

Just catching up on WOYWW and noticed you live in Turkey! You lucky duck! I lived there for 3 years as a youngster and wish I could again! Please do post the pumpkin soup recipe as winter is fast approaching ;) I'll look for you tomorrow.