Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Did I really need to see that??? I think not....

OK, so it's Kurban Bayram here in Turkey today. That means that all over the country people are sacrificing sheep and cows. The point is that you are meant to distribute it in 7 pieces to 7 families in need.

We went to MIL's to pay our respects and eat and drink til we could no longer.....

but.....

what should meet me at the kitchen door (no pun intended) ......a whole cows head, already skinned....but still with the eyes. Eeeeyyyoooowww! Honestly, it was as big as my torso. And given that i am no waif....you can imagine the size....Needless to say I didnt ask what they were doing/ were going to do as I dont think i could stomache knowing.

And, as for the eating, really didnt feel all that hungry any more. Took my glass of tea and didnt venture into the kitchen again.

On the bright side, it was great to see most of the family in one place. That is no mean feat as DH is one of eleven! I didnt understand most of the conversation, but I got cuddles and kisses and it made me feel like part of the family.

No comments: