Friday, April 8, 2011

blogging vs scrapping ... why do i bother????

It is Day 15 of Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers course. I have managed to keep up with most of the prompts, but this one really got me thinking.

I love comments, but that isn't why I blog. I love looking at scrapbook pages but that isn't why I scrapbook.

I think with both activities, it is the sense of creativity and recording of personal history. Both have pros and cons to how they achieve those goals, but never the less i get a kick out of both activities. I honestly never imagined that I would find such an addictive hobby/activity in my adult life. I never actually knew i had such an addictive personality, but i am truly hooked.

It has been a godsend whilst living abroad to be able to link in with other like minded crafters/bloggers. It has kept me occupied when the weather is bad and i've run out of craft mags to read. In the latter part it has kept me sane through a tough period in my life. Likewise, scrapping has kept me up to my ears in sticky, inky goodness which has given me a creative outlet on boring days and simply an 'out' when i needed to not be in my own head.

Hopefully I will look back at this post and nod my head in years to come, but even if I don't I will continue to blog and scrapbook for my own little piece of mind.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Wonderful reasons to do both :) and I'm glad to have found your blog thrpugh BfS. Will I see you at BeyondBfS?

Alison said...

I agree with Beverley!
Alison xx